I've been bizzy.
Last weekend was a veritable Lithuaniapalooza. What that means is cultural festivities out the wazoo in commemoration of the motherland's 90th year of independence.
How is it possible that Lithuania could be celebrating ninety years of independence, you ask, when I just told you last week she only busted out from behind the Iron Curtain in 1991?
Lithuania has two independence days - February 16th is the first one, when we told the czar to bite us back in 1918, and March 11th, 1991 is when we shed the dread communist mantle once and for all.
The upside of being relentlessly bullied by evil empires is two separate excuses to party like it's 1999. But we like to place the emphasis on our first independence day because it sends a clear message that sez, "Suck it, commies! Let's pretend the last fifty or so years never happened."
So I spent most of the weekend rehearsing for and participating in the Lithuanianpalooza, where my extreme choir sang and even the little V-meister recited a poem and sang a song along with her little pre-school friends. The rest of the time during the program, she looked like this:

Next:
With the real estate market in our area totally tanking, the P-Dawg and I decided now would be the
ideal time to put our hut up for sale, and so I spent most of Monday running around like a madwoman, shoving random clutter, clothing, toys, and the odd child under beds and into closets in preparation for our listing agent's visit.So paranoid was I about the state of our lair, that I was practically tripping over myself to offer our agent my take on things that could be improved before we put the house on the market. Because, above all, I aim to please.
As we were doing our walk-thru, I would bound in front of the pack (the pack being the agent, the P-Dawg, the V-meister, and the J-Dog) to enter the room in question before anyone else did so that I could properly lament the sorry state of affairs and make totally unbidden and impossible promises like, "I was thinking we could just knock this wall out, you know, to make the room look bigger? And a new paint job, of course, and curtains, and why don't I just box up all the kids' toys and send them back to China right now!?"
I was pathetic. But the agent made only minor suggestions for bathroom and kitchen updates and, of course, advised us to get rid of all the junk I had thrown in the basement and shoved under beds and into closets in my foolhardy attempt to foil her.
Also of note:
The V-meister has yet another ear infection. We made the much dreaded trip to the pediatrician's office this morning. The V-meister quite enjoys the Ped's office, but it frankly makes me rather sick.
I like to go in armed with anti-bacterial wipes to disinfect any and all surfaces we may potentially come into contact with and also hover around the kids like a hummingbird on crack to ensure that nobody gets any ideas about licking the wall (J-dog!) or, you know, touching anything. By the time we get home, I'm totally wiped out, twitchy, and convinced that I picked up the flesh eating bacteria.
This ear infection, however, seems a lot less dastardly than the Great Ear Infection of 2007, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.
And now I'm off to begin polishing the floors with my toothbrush.
23 comments:
That V-Meister is way cuter than Anthony Kiedis. Good luck selling the hut - it looks BEAUTIFUL. Kinda. Sorta. :)
And I hope the ear infection goes away once and for all!
She's such a sweetheart! (Your agent, of course, for not taking you up on all those promises!) And the V-Meister is a little Lithuanian angel.
Good luck on the Hut Sale!
When we were selling our house we rented one of those storage units and took boxes of crap over there so our home would look big and uncluttered.
It made me realize how nice my home is without all my shit in it.
It was a sad realization.
this is why i count myself lucky that i was able to walk away from the (cough) marital residence and move fresh into something new---no agents, no nothing.
lucky.
me.
Beautiful picture of V-Meister in her Lithuanian outfit. :)
As for house selling, I don't know. Fortunately, never been there!
You are way more interesting than me. No question.
Oh my gosh she is just too cute. Too cute, tell her to knock it off.
Good luck on the house. My neighbor's house sold in a month so even though the market is kinda bad right now, things are still moving.
The thing I like about moving is throwing stuff away, I love to throw stuff out. Especially my husband's stuff. He's an incredible pack rat and moving time is the only time that he'll part with any of his crap, er things.
You are so funny - "The Great Ear Infection of 2007" - so glad it isn't that bad this time. Good luck with the house selling thing - hope that little shack isn't REALLY your house - surly it's not - tee hee - cute little picture though. Have a good evening Rima - Kellan
Love the V-meister picture - so cute! Hope she feels better soon. I am the same way at the ped office - I cuddle protectively as if a shield of disgust for the other sick kids can ward off thier germs.
And make sure they give her the good drugs - we got the weak ones for our first ear infection and it took a return visit with a double ear plus upper respiratory infection for them to break out the cherry goopy 5 dose med instead of 2x a day for 10 day. They hold back, I tell you.
Also, I cordially invite you to a meme party of your favorite posts...if you're so inclined.
Please tell me you've considered painting the Lithuanian flag on your garage door.
Please?
It would be so cool.
:D
Keep the Lithuanian trivia coming! Having your house on the market is a pain. But it will be worth it when you're living in your dream house.
Good luck selling your house!
With a location like that, who could resist buying your cozy hut? Seriously, thinking about moving with small children gives me the hives. It's too bad really, because sometimes my old house really drives me crazy.
Hope you sell soon and that the nasty stupid ear infection clears up!
-andi
So sorry about another ear infection. When do they outgrow them I wonder?
So, after selling the hut will you pack up and move to Lithuania? Do tell.
My first eighteen years of life I got no ear infections. Then they hit me like a brick wall, and they are relentless. *sigh*
One good thing about military housing is not having to worry about the housing market. We'll have our own house...someday...
Good luck with the house sale -- I've heard that houses can actually sell quickly and painlessly! So that's what I am wishing for you.
The picture is adorable. Happy pseudo-independence day :)
Heidi
good luck with the hut selling. I understand it's no fun.
My condolences on the ear infection. We have been hiding out for weeks trying to avoid all the stuff going around. Ladybug gets an ear infection every time she's sick, even with tubes.
Good luck on the house. I don't envy you and the hassle of keeping it show-ready with kids around! I think we'd have to ship our kids to grandma's until it sold!
moving. ack. good luck with that. I hope to not have to do it again for a long, long while
This is why we will never move. The thought of organizing all of our crap makes me stare longingly at the bottle of wine on my counter. At 1:19 p.m.
Whatever. I'm not going to drink it; I'm just oogling it.
Aw - sweet little photo. Best of luck with the selling/moving. We were supposed to sell/move last summer (according to my grand master plan that I shared with no one) but I chickened out. Eek.
Hope the ear infection is better soon.
I'd so love to sell my home and move into someplace new, but I'm afraid we're going to be here for the rest of our lives. Hubby's frugal that way. He says if his parents can be content staying in their 1200 sq. ft. home for 40 years, we should be perfectly happy in our 2000 sq. ft. home. And he's right, IF the house was one I picked. Instead, he chose the layout, which SUCKS!
Never let a man do that. Just an FYI.
But I'll happily live vicariously through you! ;o)
Post a Comment