Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Still Here

What has Rimarama been up to?
  • Engaging in (and likely losing) real estate bidding wars
  • Hyperventilating
  • Praying
  • Valiantly trying but not succeeding in selling her hut
  • Globe trotting (Detroit and back)
  • Questioning her commitment to keeping the old blog afloat
  • Getting disillusioned
  • Deciding she's more of a "once a week" poster, and, truth be told, a lurker at heart.
But, a real post is coming soon, in which at least one additional person will be getting off the island. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THE FIRST TEN SENTENCES OF THIS POST!

And now I'm off to ride the germ train at Chuck-E-Cheez. The V-meister has been invited to her first birthday party at the creepy maus haus and I have no choice but to go along. I tried to get out of it by asking if I could just drop her off, but as it turns out, all the utha muthas are staying and the last thing I want is to appear elitist.

Which is why I'm bringing my tax stubs and also copies of student loans. And I'm going to eat a Chucky burger with some Kurly Fryz. And play skee ball.

WHEEEEEEEEEE!

17 comments:

Janet said...

Detroit, you say? I love exotic getaways. ;)

I also love me some skee ball. And some Rimarama. So post once a week, if you must, and stay, okay?

Becca said...

Don't go, I'll miss you! Seriously, do you know how excited I got when I saw "Rimarama" on my Google Reader?

I hadn't considered other kids' birthday parties when the husband and I enacted the lifelong ban on Chuck E Cheese. Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I could go for some skee ball, but I'll pass on the Chucky Burger.

~Jef

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I'm down to once a week (sometimes twice if I'm lucky). There's just too much to do!

I miss you, but I know you're busy. Come back and say hi when you get a chance (don't make me stalk you via e-mail, Rima!)

Jennifer S said...

Skee ball is the only good thing about Chuck E Cheese.

You sound busy, but I hope you'll stick around here in blogland!

justmylife said...

Post once a week if you must, but please don't go away forever. I have a few bloggers I have to get at least a weekly fix of and you are one of them. Don't make me.....I don't know....get all sad? What a threat, I must work on that! heh!

painted maypole said...

i love me some skee ball

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I actually thought about you over breakfast as in 'where is that rima already'.

"Questioning her commitment to keeping the old blog afloat"

PLEASE DON'T. But it's funny you should post this. I have this sentiment more and more myself.

*gets off soapbox*

Anonymous said...

Meh.

unsubscribe.

Karen MEG said...

I figured life was getting in the way of blogging ;).
Just blog when you get a chance as we all love a bit o'rima, whatever we can get!

And sorry the house thing is going so slowly... but hopefully with spring finally here things will pick up a bit ...

Jenna said...

I'm voting for you to stay like the others. I need the Rima dose, and even if it is once a week. I'll settle for that, ok?

Kellan said...

I haven't seen much of you and you haven't seen much of me - but I hope you stick around - I so enjoy your way with words - there's no one quite like you and I do enjoy your posts and would certainly like to see more of you!!

Take care - Kellan

Family Adventure said...

The blogosphere needs mama drama. Especially the Lithuanian kind.

Sending lots of sell old/buy new house vibes your way.

Heidi

Angela DeRossett said...

Stay!!

And I love skee-ball!!!

Heather said...

When people started getting shot in the parking lot of our local Chuck E cheese is when I started turning down all invites to the place. heh

This blog thing....ugh. Good for you for living real life! Something I'm doing more often too. Which reminds me to get off of the computer. My hour is up!

JCK said...

Now you know the ONLY Island worth talking about takes place tonight...around 10pm. Sawyer. Shirtless. Need I say more?

But, back to you... I hope you survived the nonelitist Chuckie Cheese. I, so far, have been lucky to remain elitist and avoid the ol' Chuck. But, I'm sure it is only a matter of time...

Anonymous said...

You know we love Chuck e cheese - well the kids do and if the kids aren't there pestering the life out of us we are happy too.

We don't have them or anything like them here in the UK (Up North) so an hour carrying around a plastic cup full of tickets which buy you a plastic frog is heaven to them!