Watching the celebrations on TV, it struck me that America may have been clinically depressed for the past eight years, but didn't realize just how bad it was until we went and filled our 'script for some Barack Obama, already.
(And Canada whispered, "Thank God she finally got help.")
I zipped around town with a goofy grin and a spring in my step all day.
Considered calling my old frenemy, France, and being all, "Check out my new PRESIDENT, b1tch!" (Je rigole, cherie! Kisses!)
The J-dog toddled about clutching his "O" fridge magnet and periodically shouting "Obama, mama!"
The V-meister, completely unbidden, decorated the wall of her bedroom thusly:
And when the J-dog and I were out playing in the fierce autumn leaves this afternoon, the world, for the moment, looked technicolor bright.
*How could I resist?
11 comments:
I think you might be right about the clinically depressed thing. I think it has felt that way.
I feel like singing Jimmy Cliff's "I can see clearly now the rain has gone....."
Yay, Obamarama!
It feels good, doesn't it?
i know! as i drove around today - every mccain sign and bumper sticker i saw made me go "ha!" (which maybe isn't very magnanimous, but when you live deep in republican bible belt land, you gotta let it out sometimes!)
You did all make a lot of fuss didn't you? We even heard it over here!
The first thing I thought when I woke up was "I wonder who won".
Hope he lives up to everyone's expetations, not a job I'd like to have.
I love how you described the country- and yeah, I walked around with a silly grin all damn day.
Good analogy with the clinical depression. I told someone I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like I did the morning after I got engaged... completely exhausted but oh so happy.
Well, I didn't vote for Obama cuz I don't agree with most of his policies. But I will say that it is an exciting time in our nation's history. And I hope Obama is as good of a president as he is at giving speeches. He had a wonderful speech. As did McCain, which helped to soften the blow for me a bit. ;)
Now, can't we all just get along? ;)
I'm full of hope.
2 days later and I still can't wipe the silly giddy grin off my face!!
I felt the same way yesterday! Just so happy - so looking forward to the next four years...feeling like doing the things that used to make me happy ;)
We HAVE been depressed.
Obama should be the generic name for all anti-depressants.
Actually Canada didn't whisper, we yelled and clapped and cheered. And I bawled like a baby when he spoke. Yay, America!
It is so amazing and joyful and ... emotional.
Post a Comment