We were sitting as inconspicuously as possible in chairs towards the back of the room and taking in the work going on around us, when I overheard the following conversation between two little boys as they prepared to count out change from the pretend cash drawer:
Boy #1, picking up a five dollar bill: "Hey! Is our new president on this?"
The two of them inspected the five spot:

Boy #2: "That's not him. He's on the One."
A one dollar bill is extracted from the cash drawer and intensely scrutinized:
Boy #1: "That's not him, either. He's must be on the Twenty."
Two small heads bend studiously over a miniature twenty dollar bill for a solid minute before the following conclusion is reached:

Boy #2: "That is definitely not him."
Boy #1: "Yeah, I guess they didn't get a chance to put him on yet."
(Maybe tomorrow, kids.)
13 comments:
I know--Jackson wasn't even a very good president!
At least they know presidents on are money (and Alexander Hamilton)!
lol!!! I love that stuff.
course, i haven't seen REAL money in a while, so I can't even remember who is on what.
What about Ben Franklin??? What the heck is he doing on there? Why not just put Einstein on a bill while we are at it?
That's hilarious!
So funny. I love what goes through a kid's mind.
It's great that they're thinking like that.
I'm just impressed with their knowledge!
my hubby, who is odd and collects money, has informed me that a president must be dead for at least 3 or 4 years before his face can be used on any form of currency...so, that's what it will take to put him on money, him being dead for close to 1/2 a decade...
We've done the observing thing via Montessori methods. It's fascinating! I love how some of them come and stare at you and you're all like- la la la la la - nothing to look at kid, I'm a piece of furniture!
I saw a kid stick a maracas in his mouth...and another kid tell the teacher about it...then the teacher telling another kid to go and rinse the maracas...who went to the basket of instruments, picked up a different maracas and go wash it. But I couldnt' say anything! I was furniture!
love it!
Haha!
We have the Queen on much of our currency.
Pip pip!
Cheerio!
We just can't let the Monarcy go.
Yo.
Post a Comment