
I am the elf on the left, "Dzingu-Lingu." Loosely translated this word means, "Jingle."
My friend V is the elf on the right. Her name is pronounced "Zhvung-Zhvung" and translated means, "Jangle." I am not making this up.
We wanted to add a little pizazz to what had become a lackluster Lithuanian Saturday school Christmas pageant, where "pizazz" equals getting roped in to act as co-masters of ceremonies dressed in full elf gear, right down to our strap-on footwear.

My friend V and I wrote and acted out a series of skits that were to take place between each of the childrens' performances. I was a disgruntled elf who had run away from Santa's sweatshop in the North Pole and my friend V had come to retrieve me. It was up to the children to restore my Christmas spirit and help me remember the handbell tune that would summon Santa.
There was much hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth when the night before the show, not a single parent volunteer had committed to playing Santa Claus. But it only took one passive-aggressive email to the distribution list for two Santa volunteers to come out of the woodwork and restore my faith in humankind.
We sang, we danced . . . we hammed it up in only the way that former camp counselors can. I even did a cartwheel, for Pete's sake.
And it was deemed "The best Christmas pageant . . . in about ten years."

"The Littlest Angel"
7 comments:
She's precious!
You - are hilarious. That first picture made me smile and I'm here to tell ya, it's not been a smile-y kind of afternoon around here!
I'm about damn sick of being the only adult with any freaking sense of Christmas cheer. Dammit.
The elf shoes are TOTALLY the sexay.
Amen! More adults need to buck up and have some fun, dammit!!
Do those elf shoes come in clown sizes? Because I would totally wear them out in public.
;)
You've taken the "elf yourself" concept to a whole new level! (I dig the shoes, by the way.)
That is also one very cute angel.
Way to go! You make a fabulous elf. ;)
And that angel! OH MY! So cute. :)
"former camp counselors"
as a former camp counselor myself, this says it all
you're adorable. i can see where the littlest angel gets it.
Of course it was! I have no doubt it was fabulously hammy and fun.
Post a Comment