The V-meister celebrated the big oh-four with three grandmothers (my mom, the P-dog's mom, and my own grandmother) yesterday. And though my mother and I have yet to resolve our differences, we put on our happy faces for the sake of the V-meister.
If there is anything we women of the Rama clan can do, it's pretend that all is right with the world when company is over.
You know how they say that forcing yourself to smile sometimes makes you feel it?
Well, that's kind of what happened.
(Also, I had a brewski.)
I was happy because the V-meister was happy.
(I pounded it.)
But I was cursing like a sailor just before bringing out the cake. Because somehow, while attempting to lift the blasted thing out of its bakery box and onto the platter, my finger slipped and I smeared the words "birthday" and "4":

The V-meister was thrilled with her gifts.

(I had to run upstairs and say a quick rosary to counteract the seven years of bad luck opening the umbrella indoors will bring.)
V is taking being four very seriously, indeed:
- Just this afternoon, after being asked to clear her new magnetic dress-up dolls off the kitchen table to make room for lunch, she totally faked falling off her stool in a valiant effort to avoid the task. (Because, really, who wouldn't rather fall off a kitchen stool than pick up a few toys?)
- She will no longer wear any item of clothing with the number "3T" in the tag.
- She's not taking the J-dog's buttinsky tactics sitting down. The sibling wars have escalated to include scratching and wielding birthday presents as weapons (see photo above).
Let the games begin.
18 comments:
Good luck! The fabulous ferocious fours have arrived . . .
Holy Moly, that is one awesome freakin' cake - even with the smudge! Was it as good as it looks? And what cute "weapons"! If I had to be bonked over the head, I'd choose that umbrella! Better to go down smiling...
That is a gorgeous cake!
Cake and beer... sounds like a good party to me!
What a great cake! And she is a really beautiful little girl.
I'm glad the party was good!!
falling off a stool is usually lower on my list. Are you sure she didn't sneak one of your brewskis and WASN'T faking it?
I'm glad she had fun!
I'm 31 and I still can't shake the feeling that opening an umbrella indoors will bring bad luck. I should get over it.
oh my gosh...i am in love with that cake. it is ADORABLE, BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING...even with the smudge!
Great photo of the kid and the umbrella. What is it with kids and umbrellas anyway? Mine always wants to open hers in the house too.
Oh, I hate it when I do things like that to cakes.
One time my cake WALKED on a birthday cake I had made for my Mother in law.
But, it was my evil MIL, so I smoothed it out and let her eat it anyway.
hehe.
i totally wish i was four.
What a cutie pie. And an equally cute umbrella-accessory. And a lovely cake despite the smear.
Mmmmmm. Cake.
Happy belated birthday V-meister!
Mmmm, beer.
And cake.
And the V-meister looks delicious with her umbrella/tutu ensemble too.
So glad the par-tay was good after all. Did your grandmother come along for peacekeeping purposes? :)
The cake still looks fantastic, and V, too.
I need further information on 'buttinsky'. Did I miss a blog post?
Heidi
What a cutie. And the cake looks gorgeous. Even with the smear.
(Sounds like the brewski was a great idea.)
I'm glad she had a good party. She is adorable.
Beautiful cake, and glad she had a good time.
Oh she is so so so cute! How hard can the 4's be? *Insert evil laughter here*.
That cake is fantastic!
And she's so pretty!
Post a Comment