She usually keeps herself pretty busy for about forty-five minutes building forts, breaking into her piggy bank, shredding books, what have you.
One time she constructed a wind farm out of a bunch of pinwheels powered by the A/C vent. Another time, she built a treadmill out of her doll bed:
(That calculator up there is the console. I'll leave it up to you to decide who she received the genius gene from.)
But yesterday, when I finally got around to checking in on her, the V-meister was nowhere to be found.
After searching all the obvious upstairs hideouts (bathroom, under beds, hamper), I started to get a little worried.
I could just see the headline:
Pre-schooler drives family car to Chuck-E-Cheese while mom busy blogging
Is it possible an almost-four-year old could have mastered a feat it took me many, many years to accomplish?
But, lo!
The V-meister's closet door was slightly ajar.
I opened it.
She was there:
Napping on a pile o' pullups in her swimsuit and half of last year's Halloween costume.
So you see. Velveteen Mind isn't the only one up for mother of the year.
And before I go, the P-dog would like you all to know that he achieved Doogie Howser level on the Disease IQ test (but I'm not allowed to play it anymore):

I hope you all have a delectable weekend!
17 comments:
So he's keeping you safe from yourself. That's good.
Doogie Howser? Cradle robber. :-)
Sweet napping picture.
She found her own little place to be hidden. :)
She certainly is resourceful that one!
That's a great shot! She's a clever one.
What a clever little girl you have! It reminds me of a picture I took of a computer Ethan made out of a pedometer (the screen), an inverted plastic gum pack (the keyboard), and one of his Peek-a-Blocks (the mouse). They are so imaginative, aren't they?
I love that closet nap photo. (And your imagined headline.)
Her creativity and resourcefulness are certainly impressive. I would keep the car keys out of her reach.
What a sweetheart! I wouldn't mind a little hide-away of my own, some days. Have a great weekend!
Too cute! I love it when little kids just go on and sleep anywhere they happen to be.
Damn. That's the kind of thing that happens at my house too. The changing the clothes ALL the time. The sleeping in odd and uncomfortable places.
Cute.
I remember that feeling of hiding away and then taking a little nap. I wish I could do it now. She is so sweet.
Oh that was hilarious. You had me at 'very, very important work'. :)
PLEASE don't hate me (or ban me from your blog), but I've tagged you over at my blog.
Cute AND a genius. Wow, you must be proud.
Too funny.
- Heidi :)
That picture is super sweet. Did she wear herself out on the treadmill?
I'm totally going to do the look alike meter. This will be enough to pull me away from my feed reader.
that's awesome!
Okay I just love that she built a treadmill. That girl is a genius!
Post a Comment