Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good Housekeeping with Rimarama

No time to blog today, as I am busy, busy, busy, cleaning out my hut. However, I thought I'd take a brief moment to share some good housekeeping tips.

Two things I've been obsessed with lately: radish sandwiches and Magic Erasers.

Don't knock the radish sandwich until you try it. My mom used to make them for me and the brothers Rama in the summers when we'd picnic out in the backyard. Deelish.

The radish sandwich must be made with Wonder bread, butter, and radishes. That's it. But don't try to put whole radishes in between pieces of white bread. You must slice them first.

Next up: Magic Erasers.

I whiled away thirty-four years on this planet without knowledge of their existence, but I am making up for it this week. The Magic Eraser is the cleaning product of the century.

For those of you unfamiliar with this miracle invention, it's a sponge-like eraser, AND IT IS MAGIK.

You wet it, squeeze out excess water, then go to town. I bought myself a starter pack of four of these babies and I burned through them in the space of one morning.

As soon as their superior cleaning powers became apparent, the Erasers and I were inseparable. I used them, one after the other, to wipe down everything and anything that wasn't moving or breathing, and still I yearned for more.

Few household surfaces were spared my radish sandwich fueled Magic Eraser cleaning spree zeal. The P-Dawg had to intervene when I started eyeballing the aluminum siding and his wing tips.

This concludes today's edition of Good Housekeeping with Rimarama.

29 comments:

justmylife said...

They do work miracles don't they.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - although they didn't work their usual Magik on my 15 year olds desk top where he had painted Warhammer figures for the last 4 years! Got a lot of it off but maybe if I had spent a whole weekend scrubbing.....

Radish sandwiches? Haven't tried them but I do have a penchant for beetrot sandwiches. Will look out for radishes next time I'm out shopping.

Gail

Loralee Choate said...

I heart the Magic Eraser with the power of a thousand burning suns.

Sugarplum's Mom said...

Ok, I just have one question... what the HELL is in the oven?

Melissa said...

Yes - what's in the oven?!

I'm fond of swiffer dusters, myself. I'll be sure to try the Magik Eraser. Does it work on past mistakes as well? Like that time in college... MAGIK ERASE!

Becca said...

I'm still back here totally flabbergasted by how great Clorox Wipes are. I bet the Magic Eraser would really blow my mind!

Molly said...

I am not sure about the radish sandwich, but I do love the Magik Eraser!

Janet said...

I am not a fan of the radish. You will never convert me so don't even try.

I have never used the Magic Eraser because I saw something linking them to formaldehyde, which turned out to be an urban myth (doesn't everything, in the end?). I have a friend who wants to marry them, though.

painted maypole said...

but what the heck is happening in that picture??????

and now I know what to do with all the radishes my garden produces. I will have to try that.

Anonymous said...

I must try these magical erasers of which you speak. The radish sandwiches on the other hand... (would it be cheating if I put some mayo on it?)

flutter said...

I am willing to bet that photo is the handmaiden of Satan.

JCK said...

I am going to have to try me one BIG 'OL RADISH sandWICH. I figure I can always have the bread & butter with the radishes on the side, no?

Picture...very interesting. Kind of looks like a toddler easy bake oven recipe with straw accents? I'm right, aren't I? Or perhaps not. Perhaps the Big Mighty Wind that I've been tooting tonight has suffused my brain.. Too many radish sandwiches.

furiousBall said...

That pizza in the oven looks as delicious as a radish sandwich

Jennifer S said...

I love the Magic Erasers. They have more than once ensured my daughter's continued health and happiness. (She's my wall/counter/cabinet writer.)They really are magical.

Melanie said...

All those radishes to slice and baseboards to sponge and you STILL had time to make Straw Paella?

Skiplovey said...

Oh magic eraser, how I love thee. When I found those things I was like a walking commercial. I told everyone at my work about them, I even bought packs for my family.
I do recommend though using gloves with them, I'm sure you do anyway.

Radish sandwich, intriguing. Might have to try that.

Anonymous said...

I think you need salt on the radish sandwich. Salt makes everything better.

Candy said...

I don't care for radishes, but am more than happy with a cucumber sandwich, on Pepperidge Farm bread, with butter. And salt.

And the reason they call them magic is...well...self-explanatory. I cleaned so hard one day I cleaned the design off everything in my bathroom. Lesson learned.

Family Adventure said...

THAT PICTURE!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

I tried the magic erasers once and didn't really get a big kick out of them...but so many are raving about them now, I've gotta give them another try!

Heidi :)

Bananas said...

you know? I think a radish sandwich sounds really, realy good. But then, I like radishes.

Sugarplum's Mom said...

Hey there! Take a minute to sit down and fantasize for a bit about the meme I tagged you for. :)

Magpie said...

Hmm. I like the sound of that. I might do it with fancy thin sandwich bread instead of Wonder though - the kind of bread you make cucumber sandwiches on.

Angela DeRossett said...

Magic erasers--YES! Radishes--uh, no. Love your creative little meal there in the last picture. Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

So has the NY Times signed you up yet for a weekly column? With a shot like that and tips to match it's only a matter of time Rima. :)

I do love my magic eraser too!

Anonymous said...

Ohh I love by magic erasers!

Jennifer said...

Radishes? Hmmm. I can't say I like those little things.

But MAGIC ERASERS RULE!!

Jen said...

I love them erasers.

Karen MEG said...

P Dawg has wing tips???!! So impressed!
Yes, those eraser-things are the greatest thing since Wonderbread.

Anonymous said...

Those erasers are the work of angels.

And your radish sandwich sounds intriguing. I may have to try it.