An area couple called it a night and put their two children to bed at seven PM instead of their usual eight o'clock bedtime Sunday evening.
P-Dog and Rimarama, both 34, started thinking about moving up bedtime when their children, V-meister, 4, and J-Dog, 18 months, removed their clothing and began running back and forth from one end of the house to the other, bouncing off the walls as they hit them.
"The situation began to quickly deteriorate from that point forward,'" stated the P-Dog, "and we knew it could only end badly, especially after the V-meister tied the little J-dog to the stair rail with a length of knitting yarn."
There are conflicting reports as to what happened next, as there was difficulty in deciphering statements made by the children, but Rimarama is on record as stating that "The little J-Dog lost it when I turned off the Baby Einstein DVD, let out a howl of protest, and tried to climb into the TV cabinet. My husband went to restrain him, but the little J-Dog was quick to retaliate by assuming the 'wet noodle' position, making it darn near impossible for the P-Dog to retain his grip."
After each child pounded a sippy cup full of warm milk, the show was moved upstairs, where the V-meister was instructed to put on her pajamas with a quickness. When she was found ten minutes later still in the buff, talking with Mr. Potato Head about her girl Carrie's upcoming birthday party, her mother tried to speed things up by offering assistance, to which the V-meister replied, "I can do it ALL BY MYSELF, MAMA!", but totally lost it when the zipper of her footed bunny pajamas became stuck at the same moment that the J-dog busted into the room chewing on the end of her new pink hairbrush.
Once the children were in bed, the Ramas retired to the living room where they were seen high-fiving each other while enjoying adult beverages and pilfered Halloween candy over shouts of "Da-DEE! MaMA! Kaka! BWAAAAAAAAAAAA!" emanating from the J-dog's crib.
This post is my contribution to today's Monday Mission, which will be hosted by the lovely Painted Maypole throughout the month of November. The assignment was to write a post in the form of a news story.
Monday, November 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Bed time routines is one of my reasons to drink. Gawd.
That was great! So funny. "the situation began to quickly deteriorate from that point forward" is a good description of our bedtime routine, too.
What? You're in all of our houses at bedtime?
You knit? Your talents never cease to amaze...
God, how I hate the "wet noodle". When the kids are crying loudly in the next room, I find it helps to turn UP the TV. Good luck with bedtime... we still haven't mastered it.
Funny!
Heidi
Very cute! :)
ha ha ha! Bedtime was early last night, as well. And pilfering that halloween candy... constant. ;)
thanks for playing!
You knit too? Good Lord woman, you never cease to amaze me!
"After each child pounded a sippy cup full of warm milk"... Seriously, where DO you come up with this stuff!!?? :)
I swear these kids are losing it in tandem. They've coordinated their efforts and calculated their meltdowns...I think liquor stores and beer companies are behind it.
"Once the children were in bed, the Ramas retired to the living room where they were seen high-fiving each other while enjoying adult beverages and pilfered Halloween candy over shouts of "Da-DEE! MaMA! Kaka! BWAAAAAAAAAAAA!" emanating from the J-dog's crib." - so funny! The whole post was great! See ya.
So it IS possible to get the kids to bed earlier? That's fantastic!
We're lucky if our kids go to bed after we hit the sack. What sad, sad parents we are.
Oh, well done. Makes me remember many similar scenes of mayhem and stolen chocolate candies.
Love it!
Ah yes. Sounds like a typical night at my house as well. Too funny that we are not the only ones who steal the kids' Halloween candy and enjoy it with some adult beverages. I guess I'm not that original after all. ;)
Thanks for commenting at my site. I'm glad you did because your posts are cracking me up!
If your peers could nominate you for a Pulitzer, believe me, you'd be the winner this year! :)
I almost pissed myself laughing at this post. Glad to know I wasn't the only one that cracked and put the kids to bed early.
You are so funny. I loved this.
And I love it when news stories have happy endings. (There was chocolate among the pilfered candy, right?)
hahahahahahaha - that was great!
Do you think the reason kids don't have an off button is bcause we would not switch them on until they were due to start college?
Hilarious. Coffee on computer screen funny. Keep it up!
Post a Comment